Ellis, George F.R. (George Francis Rayner)

Alternative names
Dates:
Birth 1939-08-11
South Africans
English, Spanish; Castilian

Biographical notes:

Bell Ranch, located in San Miguel County N.M. had more than 700,000 acres and was originally two Mexican land grants. E.G. Stoddard founded the Red River Valley Company in 1898 which owned the Bell Ranch until 1946. In 1946 the Company sold the ranch and it was broken up into seven smaller ranches. Mrs. Harriet E. Kenney bought the headquarters unit consisting of 130,855 acres and acquired the rights to the Bell brand. George Forbes Ellis managed the Bell Ranch from 1947-1970. Albert K. Mitchell managed the Bell ranch from 1933-1947.

From the description of George F. Ellis pictorial collection [picture]. 1945-1956. (University of New Mexico-Main Campus). WorldCat record id: 56395457

From the description of Papers, 1929-1970. (University of New Mexico-Main Campus). WorldCat record id: 51845992

Loading...

Loading Relationships

Information

Permalink:
http://n2t.net/ark:/99166/w6cn8qcf
Ark ID:
w6cn8qcf
SNAC ID:
27496194

Subjects:

  • Employee
  • Cattle--Breeding
  • Horse farms
  • World War, 1939-1945--Economic aspects
  • Ranch life--History
  • Horses

Occupations:

not available for this record

Places:

  • Bell Ranch (N.M.) (as recorded)
  • New Mexico (as recorded)
  • New Mexico (as recorded)
  • San Miguel County (N.M.) (as recorded)
  • Mosher Farms (as recorded)
  • Bell Ranch (N.M.) (as recorded)
  • United States (as recorded)
  • New Mexico--Bell Ranch (as recorded)