Kavan, Anna, 1901-1968Alternative names
Author, artist, and interior decorator Anna Kavan published early, romantic novels under her real name, Helen Ferguson. She eventually adopted the pseudonym Anna Kavan--taken from the name of one of her own characters--to produce powerful, confessional stories reflecting her own turbulent life, which included emotional and psychological problems, and more than thirty years of heroin addiction.
From the description of Anna Kavan letters and reviews, 1956-1962. (Pennsylvania State University Libraries). WorldCat record id: 54314481
- Women authors, English--20th century--Correspondence
- Publishers and publishing--Correspondence
- English language and literature--20th century
- Women authors, English--20th century--Biography
- Great Britain (as recorded)