The two-year production of the play, "Back to the Farm" by School of Agriculture student Merline Shumway (1913-1915, 50 road and on-campus productions) led to the formal organization of the University of Minnesota Agriculture Dramatic Club in 1915. In 1923, the club was renamed the Punchinello Players. From 1925 to 1930 it merged with the Minnesota Masquers, but became independent again in 1930, with an annual production and other projects.
From the description of Punchinello Players papers, 1913-1974. (University of Minnesota, Minneapolis). WorldCat record id: 63280363