Lowry, T. Martin (Thomas Martin), 1874-1936Alternative names
Thomas Martin Lowry (1874-1936), chemist, was born at Low Moor, Bradford, Yorkshire, on 26 October 1874, and educated at Kingswood School, Bath. He attended the Central Technical College, South Kensington, where he was assistant to H.E. Armstrong (1848-1937), 1896-1913. Lowry was head of the chemical department at Guy's Hospital medical school, 1913-1920, and Professor of Physical Chemistry, Cambridge, 1920-1936. He died in Cambridge on 2 November 1936.
From the guide to the Thomas Lowry: Correspondence and papers, 1915-1932, (Cambridge University Library, Department of Manuscripts and University Archives)