Spencer, Baldwin, Sir, 1860-1929Alternative names
Appointed to the Chair of Biology, Melbourne University, 1887. He made a number of expeditions to the Northern Territory and published several works arising from his studies of Australian aborigines.
From the description of Papers [manuscript]. (Libraries Australia). WorldCat record id: 225763945
Anthropologist and author of many books concerning the natives of Central and Northern Australia.
From the description of The Arunta [manuscript] : a study of a Stone Age people. 1927. (Libraries Australia). WorldCat record id: 225840593
- Aboriginal Australians--Social life and customs
- Aborigines, Australian--Rites and ceremonies
- Aborigines, Australian--Social life and customs
- Aranda (Australian people)
- Aboriginal Australians
- Australia (as recorded)
- Australia, Northern (as recorded)
- Australia, Central (as recorded)
- Australia--Northern Territory (as recorded)
- Central Australia (as recorded)