Mathis, Samuel, 1760-1823.
Planter of Camden District, S.C.; son of Daniel Mathis and Sophia Gauntl Mathis; brother-in-law of Col. Joseph Kershaw (ca. 1727-1791); prisoner of war during Revolutionary War.
From the description of Samuel Mathis papers, 1781-1901. (University of South Carolina). WorldCat record id: 42576030
- Plantation management
- Camden, Battle of, Camden, S.C., 1780
- Hobkirk's Hill, Battle of, S.C., 1781
- Plantation owners
- Real property
- South Carolina (as recorded)
- Charleston (S.C.) (as recorded)
- South Carolina--Kershaw County (as recorded)