Kramer, Aaron, 1921-1997Alternative names
Educator, translator, poet, lyricist, and author, most closely identified with the progressive New York City literary circles of the 1930s and 1940s, teacher and translator of Yiddish poems and songs, professor of English at Dowling College, Oakdale, NY; lived most of life in New York City and Long Island; died April 7, 1997.
From the description of Aaron Kramer papers, 1937-<1996>. (University of Michigan). WorldCat record id: 62719465
Aaron Kramer was an American professor of English and poet of protest.
From the description of Aaron Kramer papers, ca. 1940-1986. (Harvard University). WorldCat record id: 612656686
Poet, literary critic, translator, poetry therapist.
Graduate of Brooklyn College, 1941.
From the description of Papers, 1945-1972. (Unknown). WorldCat record id: 155454249
- Yiddish poetry--Translations into English
- Political poetry, American--20th century
- Yiddish poetry
- German poetry--Translations into English
- Musical theater--20th century
- Protest poetry, American--20th century
- Poets, Yiddish--20th century
- Composers--20th century
- Poets, American
- Politics and literature--20th century
- Lyricists--20th century
- Political ballads and songs--20th century
- American poetry--20th century
- Poetry--Therapeutic use--20th century
- New York (State)--Long Island (as recorded)
- United States (as recorded)