Ryland, Robert, 1805-1899Alternative names
President of Richmond College.
From the description of [Letter] 1856 May 7, Richmond College, to [John Albert Broadus] / R. Ryland. 1856. (SBTS Library). WorldCat record id: 48226530
The Woolfolk family originally emigrated from Wales. John George Woolfolk (1750-1819) ran a stage line and had a contract to carry the mail. His sons Pichegru Woolfolk and Jourdan Woolfolk continued the stage line. Jourdan had a son, John William Woolfolk, among other children.
From the guide to the Woolfolk Family Papers, 1775-1893, (Special Collections, Earl Gregg Swem Library, College of William and Mary)
- Theology--Study and teaching--Baptist
- Slavery--Virginia--19th century
- Theology--Study and teaching--History
- Postal service--United States--History
- Coaching--United States
- United States (as recorded)
- Caroline County (Va.) (as recorded)