Jefferys, Thomas, -1771Alternative names
London engraver, geographer, and publisher.
A prolific eighteenth century map publisher who between 1751 and 1768 produced important maps of America and the West Indies as well as large-scale English county maps, Jefferys declared bankruptcy in 1765, but continued his ventures with the assistance of friends.
From the description of Letters : [London, Eng.], to the Earl of Morton, 1767 Jan. 17. (Newberry Library). WorldCat record id: 38142487
- Publishers and publishing--History--18th century--sources
- Landowners--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Geographers--History--18th century--Sources
- Manuscript maps--Early works to 1800
- Bankruptcy--History--18th century--Sources
- England--London (as recorded)
- Barbados (as recorded)
- Bridgetown (Barbados) (as recorded)