Medwin, Thomas, 1788-1869Alternative names
From the description of Autograph letter signed : Vevey, Switzerland, to the French translator of his Conversations of Lord Byron,  Dec. 1. (Unknown). WorldCat record id: 270638351
From the description of Autograph letter signed : Westminster chess club [London], to "A. B.", 1835 Sept. 26. (Unknown). WorldCat record id: 270638465
English author Thomas Medwin was a schoolmate of his cousin, Percy Shelley. He left his post in the army for reasons of poor health, and went to Italy, where he joined the literary circle that included Shelley and Byron. His life was somewhat unsettled, but he continued to write, publishing poetry, translations, sketches, and, most famously, memoirs of Shelley and Byron.
From the description of Thomas Medwin transcription of a poem by Körner, ca. 1810? (Pennsylvania State University Libraries). WorldCat record id: 51999692
Thomas Medwin, English writer and biographer.
From the description of Thomas Medwin manuscript material : 38 items, 1821-1865 (New York Public Library). WorldCat record id: 771033344
- English poetry--19th century--Manuscripts--Specimens
- Biographers--19th century--Correspondence
- Authors, English--19th century--Correspondence
- German poetry--Translations into English
- English essays--19th century--Manuscripts--Specimens
- Legal documents--19th century--Manuscripts--Specimens
- Great Britain (as recorded)