Pickthall, Marjorie L. C. (Marjorie Lowry Christie), 1883-1922Alternative names
Marjorie Pickthall, Canadian poet and novelist, was born in England. In 1899, her family moved to Canada. She then began to contribute regularly to magazines. After her mother died in 1910, she worked at the library of Victoria College (Toronto), helping to compile the annual bibliography of Canadian poetry. In 1912, she returned to England for health reasons. She returned to Toronto in 1920 and shortly thereafter moved to Vancouver. The last two years of her life were spent mainly in Victoria and Vancouver. She died in Vancouver.
From the description of Marjorie Pickthall collection. [1910-ca. 1916]. (University of Victoria Libraries). WorldCat record id: 676747697
English born Canadian poet and novelist.
From the description of Papers of Marjorie L. C. Pickthall [manuscript], 11910-1914. (University of Virginia). WorldCat record id: 647995079
- Authors, Canadian--19th century--Correspondence
- Authors, Canadian--20th century--Correspondence
- Canadian poetry--19th century
- Canadian poetry (English)--20th century
- Canadian poetry--20th century
- Canadian poetry (English)--19th century